Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Trevi Fountain

Our first day in Rome we arrived late in the afternoon. We decided to take in a couple of the big tourist traps, the Trevi Fountain and the Spanish Steps. We had seen these previously, so I only took my point-n-click camera to do some people watching. Even in low tourist season, they were crowded.

Getting the right angle is everything. That's Carol behind him.

Click image to embiggen

Legend is that if visitors throw a coin into the fountain, they are ensured a return to Rome. Everyone gets their picture taken doing it, by their friends and by me!

The couple on the left is getting ready to toss their coins; love their contrasting pant/shirt outfits. The guy in the middle is in mid-toss.

Click image to embiggen

This couple was good looking. They have old-school European class. I guessing they're Nordic. That was the story I concocted in my head, anyway. I wonder if they realized I was taking their picture.

Click image to embiggen

Oceanus from below.

Click image to embiggen

The girls eating gelato in the crowd at the Trevi Fountain. As you might imagine, Carol and I also ate gelato sitting at the Trevi Fountain.

Click image to embiggen

The crowds at the Trevi Fountain.

Click image to embiggen

More crowds at the Trevi Fountain.

Click image to embiggen

More detail of the Fountain. If you look at the people in the background, that's where Carol and I ate gelato.

Click image to embiggen

No comments:

Post a Comment